YOUTH POWER IS THE ONLY HOPE FOR GOA

There is a great talent in Youth, who are like dynamite and can achieve great good when inspired and guided on the right path. Youth power has been regarded as an inexhaustible reservoir of human resources. They are one of the greatest assets that any nation can have. Not only are they regarded as the future leaders but they are potentially the greatest investment for a country’s development. Films like Rang de Basanti revolutionized the thinking of our youth. This shows the concern of our young generation for our country and we need to take affirmative steps to make sure youth become powerful and determined to do good for our nation.

Goans may be traditionally known to be “Susegad” but in the 70’s the student and youth power was a force to reckon with. On almost every issue the government had to come down on its knees. The disintegration of this very vibrant student power sadly started when political parties began having their student wings. The student voice got fragmented and so did their power.

Over the last few years in particular the interest of students and youth on social issues has been further decimated with the coming in of swanky TV’s, computers and laptops. Even activities of the otherwise very active socio-cultural youth groups are today unheard of. Goa needs to channelise its youth and inculcate in them a sense of responsibility to commit themselves in the State’s upliftment.

On the political horizon, the Youth of Goa can help in cleansing the stink in the political stables. Goa’s political turf is infested with opportunism, nepotism, corruption, deception, fraud, and shrewd tactics. The government today has no clear far-sighted goals and no well-thought-out programmes. Goa today is in the hands of some very corrupt and power-hungry politicians who would have to make way for the Honest and Vibrant.